Monday, March 26, 2007

There’s just something about spring…

What a great weekend...Friday I had dinner with an old friend, K. K and I have known each other since the 7th grade but actually started becoming friends in the 12th grade. Basically we were college best friends. She and I can go forever without talking and then pick up where we left off as if a day had not passed by. Before Friday I hadn’t seen her since early November. Anywho, it was great getting together with her and catching up.

Saturday, started with a nice walk in the AM with Daisy and then I met up with Newt. We hung out for a while at her place, as I am trying to bribe Caleb and Lily into trusting me. Then we headed off for a fun day of shopping! Let me just say that thank god my dad was nice enough to take Daisy for the day as we were gone for over 8 hrs shopping! By the time I had picked up Daisy and gotten home it was 10 and I still hadn’t eaten, so I threw some burgers on the grill and ate dinner at 10:30. J I know that’s super late to eat, but a girl’s gotta eat (again)!

Sunday I went to parents to visit and we relaxed, drank wine and read our books. It was nice. The dogs played all day running around in the backyard.

Today, the weather was unbelievable! It actually hit 80+ degrees! Needless to say after work Daisy and I hit the park and I let her go in the lake for a little bit, there was still some ice on the lake so she could only wade, but by the time we got back to the car she was already dry!

7 comments:

Jay said...

There were huge crowds at the main city park here this weekend too. There were some people there with a big black lab and they let him play in the lake/creek. I kept thinking about putting that big, wet, muddy dog in their car. LOL

Newt said...

Sometimes I wish the dogs liked water. Sometimes I'm glad they don't since I'm not keen on wet dog smell. But man would they have fun and get tuckered out.

Newt said...

Oh, and your interview questions have been posted so go ahead and answer them if you dare. (Insert evil laugh here........)

Betty said...

You must be a Power Shopper! I can't shop for 30 minutes without getting bored and my back hurting, and my knee twinging, etc., etc., so I just go on back home.

Tink said...

I so badly wish I lived close enough to go on outings with you guys! Walks, dogs, shopping, wine, books, burgers. Ah... Heaven. ;)

Anonymous said...

80 degrees? And you have an icey lake? Huh. I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around that one. :)

Ellie said...

Jay-Hopefully they came prepared to deal with a muddy dog, but I found even coming prepared you can still end up wiping down the car. Luckily I don't mind, because I usually get a good laugh from it anyways.

Newt-Can't tell you exactly why but Daisy and Hershey have never had the "wet dog" smell. (Knock on Wood)

Betty-I'm really not a true power shopper, if we were looking at clothes all day I would have pooped out after an hr. I hate trying on clothes!

Tink-You should come up and visit sometime, in the summer, Newt and I could show you around and I know we would have a blast!

Susan-if it helps any the news said it was the hottest day since 1991. Also, when I went by the lake today all of the ice was gone. However, it was weird wearing shorts Sunday and still seeing snow on the ground.