Saturday, March 31, 2007

Busy with Buddy

Well all within the same 48 hrs I was accepted as a volunteer with the American Brittany Rescue group and receive my first foster dog!
Buddy is 8 mos old and very sweet he was dropped off with another volunteer by his old family. They stated that he was scratching and nipping at their 4 children under the age of 7, they have 9 children total!
He’s a wonderful little guy, he does need some training, but all dogs do. He learns quickly and is very eager to please. He will make some family very happy!
He and Daisy are doing great together. He and Lily haven’t made fast friends and it’s not because he hasn’t tried!
If I could I would adopt him in a heartbeat. I have only had him since 1:00 PM yesterday, but already have fallen in love with the little guy. I know I will miss him when he leaves, but I can’t wait for him to find a forever family!!! All dogs deserve a good home with a family to love them.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jay said...

That's why I don't think I could foster dogs. I would just get so attached to them.

That's awesome that you are taking them in like that though. Buddy is lucky there are people like you who are willing to do this.

Ellie said...

Jay-Thank you, this is the first time I have done foster and I we'll see how this goes to see if I can do it again.

Kell said...

You're so wonderful to take Buddy on. He looks so sweet. It would be hard for me to foster when it came time to giving him up to another family, even if the whole idea is to find a great family for him.

Ellie said...

Kell-Thank you...I don't kid myself I think that it will be very difficult when that time comes. But I really hope I can find someone in MN or at least someone who will keep me posted.